ParticipatePURA Syndrome Virtual Conference | June 10-13 & 18, 2022
We are excited to welcome you to this year’s PURA Virtual Conference! Our conference is open to anyone who has a connection to someone with PURA Syndrome, including (but not limited to) family, caregivers, friends, therapists, clinicians, researchers, and scientists.
We do require that everyone register to participate so that we can ensure we are offering the required technological support for all who attend. Please consider making a donation of $25.00 or more (as you are able) to help us continue to provide these sessions. Thank you!
Zoom and Conference Etiquette
- You may be in a “waiting room” prior to the beginning of the session. Please be patient and the host will open the meeting as soon as everything is set to go!
- During the presentations, you will be muted by the host. Please stay muted as background noise can be a distraction to other participants.
- Note that occasionally your internet may become unstable and will close your session – if this happens, click the link again to re-enter. Remember to mute!
- Just as in a live event we ask you to turn off your cell phones and be fully present in the session. If you must leave the session for a call or other need, please turn off your video.
- Position your camera properly. If you use a web camera, be sure it is in a stable position and focused at eye level, if possible. Doing so helps create a more direct sense of engagement with other participants.
- Adjust your view to “speaker” when you are participating in a general session.
- When in networking activities, you may prefer to have a “gallery” view to see who is in the room with you!
- Be sure you have your name on the screen.
- Please remember that while you are on screen, you are visible to all!
How To Ask A Question
- Some sessions will offer the opportunity to submit questions in advance. Please check the schedule for details.
- Each host will explain the process for asking questions prior to their session – formats vary and so will the way questions are managed.
- To be prepared, familiarize yourself with the “chat” feature. This allows group chats and/or may be used as a way to ask questions.
- In some sessions there will be a “hand” feature at the bottom of the screen. To ask a question, please click on the hand and you will be recognized when the speaker is ready to take questions.
- In some cases, questions may be submitted prior to the session. If this feature is available it will be noted on the website.
- Please keep questions brief and to the point.
- If you are unmuted to ask a question, be mindful of any background noise and avoid activities that could create additional noise.
- Once you have asked your question, please mute again.
- We want to be sure everyone has a chance to ask their questions and appreciate your patience during the session!
- If you have questions that were not answered during the session, please email us [email protected] and we will try to resolve it for you.